|Posts and comments related to Economics and Livelihoods follow below:
Links related to Economics
Local economy and livelihoods
- Freeconomy To allow people to make the transition from a money-based, communityless society to more of a community-based moneyless society. Includes toolshare, skillshare, spaceshare and landshare.
- Hubbert's Prescription for Survival, A Steady State Economy his thesis is that society is seriously handicapped because its two most important intellectual underpinnings, the science of matter-energy and the historic system of finance, are incompatible.
- Kabin – Social Economy & Cooperative Development Cornwall Kabin is the trading name of Social Economy & Co-operative Development Cornwall Limited, a Co-operative Development Body based in Cornwall.
- New Economics Foundation Independent think-and-do tank that inspires and demonstrates real economic well-being. Economics as if people, animals and the planet matter.
- Social Enterprise Non profit making enterprises benefitting the environment and communities
- Steady State Economics The Center for the Advancement of the Steady State Economy (CASSE). Is a nonprofit, organisation dedicated to advocating a sustainable economy with stabilized population and consumption. This economy is called a “steady state economy.”
- The Story of Stuff The life-cycle of consumer products
- Truro LETS Exchange skills and services without the need for money. Truro’s Local Exchange Trading Scheme, launched June 2010
see news archive for all posts on this website.